Sunday, September 9, 2012

Why College

"Why college?" I chose to go to college because I wanted to better myself, give myself a better future. Since I was a little kid I always wanted to attend college, going through each year at school made me realize that I was another step closer to reaching my dream. Another reason is that my parents both went to college and they did not finish because they let someone tell them that they were not smart enough to finish school. My sister graduated from University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa so when she graduated she told me to go to school and make something out of myself and never let a person tell me that I wasn't smart enough to finish school. My parents didn't care what school I went to they just wanted me to go to school and excel so I can have a great future. As a kid I saw all the different professions that people had and the one thing they all had in common was that they all went to school and from then on I knew in order for me to get the career I wanted I had to go to school. I love school, because I love being introduced to new things that will expand my knowledge. So I guess to answer the question "Why College?" it would be to say that I didn't have a choice this was a priority, because I know that in the end I will be happy with what I accomplished.

2 comments:

  1. I love this blog because it shows how much you care about your education. It is always wonderful to have a high school education but astonishing to have a college degree! I'm glad we are attending this college!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to parents not going to school. My moms just started going back to school for her degree. I can also understand your excitement!!! I had been talking about graduation since the first day of freshman year!! I was so excited to graduate and come to college. It was my greatest accomplishment yet.But I hope you the best in college!!! Let's mmake e best of it!!

    ReplyDelete